Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Vintage - 60's vs 80's

I am so old that I was alive and actually wearing clothes in the 80s (and even buying vintage in the charity shops of Pietermaritzburg as a teenager), so I can't get my head around the fact that the HIDEOUS frocks that my mother wore, are now considered "vintage" and even stylish. Eeek. They certainly weren't stylish then and even now, they just look seriously BAD to me! So here are some gorgeous pieces that I (in my great age!) feel are seriously vintage - and stylish! (And they all cost R120 or under!)




3 comments:

  1. Mmm,I realised the other day, with a cold shiver of shock, that I am old enough to be retro and some of my clothes ancient enough to be 'vintage'. Good gracious. And I believe I am, ahem, younger than my bosom pal, Trace? I want the black and white one! Set up online shopping immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And of course, 'black and white one' narrows it down to three...I blush. I meant the first black and white one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one (by Ruth Reed) is yours! I shall put it aside until you get here.... hurry now!

    ReplyDelete